Friday, September 24, 2010

While searching through google reader, I came upon this quote from Jesse's Blog.

I think the worst is Linguini’s. It’s down by the Alameda Theater, so if you see it, don’t go there. Don’t say “Ooh let’s go to that pizza place, I’ve never been there before!”, because you’ll only be disappointed. The only thing that I ever will like is the arcade the they have [but last time I checked half of the games were out of order (big surprise)], because I won a something in the claw machine. A bunch of other times I got tricked in a way from the machine because I kept putting coins inside it, but the game wouldn’t start. It was always after I put the coins in that I asked someone and they said it was out of order, but they never got around to putting an out of order sign on it (yeah, they just never had the time).
 I think that this quote can go for many arcades. I have always witnessed the poor little innocent kids fling away all their quarters to the claw machine, unsuccessfully obtain a prize. It is always sad to see people try their luck on the racing games and always try to win. But they never as so much leave the starting line. The only decent arcade game is the shoot-em'-up games, but what values do the show you? I believe that arcade games have down graded since the times of video games began. 

For Instance, Tron is an excellent example of this. The normal, average day arcade game has long synced evolve from the normal basic game (which it is) to full-length new Wii Video game. it has been created to motion pictures and has received nothing but positive reviews of the movie and the Game.

Another example would be Galaxia, or Space Invaders, or Dig-Dug. All of these great examples have touched the live of millions and has always been a part of out American culture. I am proud to say that i grew up with these games myself, as my mom and dad have played these games ever since they were created.
So, try to find a good antique Arcade game place and look for these instant classics! I assure, you will be hooked to them as I.

1 comment:

  1. here is the link http://firstblog-jessev.blogspot.com/2010/09/pizza.html

    ReplyDelete